To nurture our students as knowledgeable and conscientious investigators by fostering a keen understanding of their interdependence of and our impact on our local and global existence; creating active young stewards of the natural world.
GWCS students will understand that learning is a lifelong process requiring a well-rounded foundation. Students will use their unique talents and knowledge to improve their environment.
- Children will recognize that world problems are complex and the search for answers must include research into politics, economics, culture, and the sciences.
- In addition to knowing how to do things, children will understand why things are done that way.
- Children will not simply tolerate, but will enjoy and actively search for a diversity of perspectives recognizing that many perspectives are necessary to create a complete picture.
- Through small, constant steps, children will develop the habit of improvement, doing things better, little by little, all the time.
- Children will comfortably ask for what they need, knowing that assistance will be forthcoming and recognizing that some answers are not immediate.
- We recognize that all children learn in different ways and at different rates. We will strive to do our best to allow students to participate fully in all aspects of the educational experience with appropriate accommodations, within our means, creating a positive lesson for all.
- When children learn within a culture of motivation, self-esteem, responsibility and mutual respect, circumstances for inappropriate behavior are greatly minimized. Rules and expectations will be clearly defined and uniformly communicated and carried out.