Green Woods is a free green STEM public charter school serving students in grades K-8. We are proud to partner with Apply Philly Charter for the application and lottery process.
Visit the Apply Philly Charter website at: http://www.applyphillycharter.org
- Go to applyphillycharter.org on your phone, tablet or computer
- Create an account and fill out your family profile
- Select Green Woods Charter School
- Submit the application
What information do I need to apply?
- Parent/guardian’s name, email address and home address
- Student’s date of birth, current school and grade, and the grade applying for in 2024-25 school year
What happens after I apply?
- Green Woods will conduct a public lottery on February 7, 2024.
- If you apply by the deadline of January 22, 2024, you will receive the lottery results on February 9, 2024 directly from Apply Philly Charter. If you apply after the deadline, your student will be automatically added to the waitlist for the grade to which you have applied.
- The common acceptance date is Friday, February 23, 2024
- Offers will be extended to waitlisted families as space is available.
How do I learn more?
- Attend the fall open house sessions to meet our leadership team and learn more about our programs.
- Watch our virtual tour
- Visit the academic program website.
- Read the About Us information below
For assistance, please call Apply Philly Charter at 1-800-891-3999 or Green Woods Charter School at 215-482-6337. Please Note that applicants must turn 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2024 to apply for kindergarten in the 2024-2025 school year. Proof of date and proof of residency are required for enrollment.
2023-2024 School Year Enrollment
The lottery application window for the 2023-2024 school year closed on January 23, 2023. Students will be accepted off the waitlist as new enrollment spots become available. If you applied for the 2023-2024 school year through the ApplyPhilly website after January 23, 2023, your post lottery application will be held in a database and you will not receive a waitlist number. We will only accept students from this database when we have surpassed the lottery-drawn waitlist.
GWCS held the lottery on February 8, 2023. The results can be found on the Apply Philly Charter Website. All applicants received notification of their position in the lottery on the Apply Philly Charter common notification date of February 10, 2023. Applicants can also log into Apply Philly Charter to check the results of the lottery at https://applyphillycharter.force.com/
If you have any questions regarding the lottery process, admission or enrollment, please contact our Registrar at [email protected]
If you have any questions please email our registrar at [email protected] or contact Apply Philly Charter at 1-800-891-3999.
Key Enrollment Dates
Open house 9-11 am
Lottery application window closes
2024-2025 School Year Lottery
Lottery results sent and available on APC
Common Acceptance Date