Family and Community Engagement
School volunteers are valuable members of the Green Woods Community, and our partners in education. By donating your time and talents, you help our students on their journey to become active young stewards of the natural world!
As a result of Pennsylvania laws, all volunteers must complete a volunteer application and submit up to date clearances. For the application and to submit your clearances please use this FORM.
- The Child Abuse Clearance Form: https://www.compass.state
- Criminal Background Check: https://epatch.state.pa.
- FBI Fingerprinting (https://www.identogo
.com/locations/pennsylvania)OR, if you have lived in the state of PA for 10 or more consecutive years, you are eligible to complete a Waiver (https://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_160267.pdf)
*Please note, due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, all volunteers must adhere to GWCS health and safety protocols when volunteering.
Annual Fund Ambassadors
GWCS Annual Fund ambassadors are community members who helps raise awareness and funding in support of our mission! Some of the ways ambassadors help include:
- Spreading the word about our direct giving campaign
- Organizing matching donations from the community for GW day
- Informing the community about the happenings of GW
- Helping organize volunteers for foundation events
Are you looking for a way to get involved? Please reach out to Nicole Gofman at [email protected]
Parent Teacher Association
The GWCS PTA supports our school to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. You can find our PTA members organizing community events, volunteering, and running fundraisers!