COVID-19 Resources and Information
We'd love to hear from you! Please take a moment to provide feedback about our 2021-2022 Health and Safety Plan here!
COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Infected people have had a wide range of symptoms reported – from mild symptoms to severe illness. Individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are less likely to develop severe symptoms; to the extent you and/or your student(s), if applicable, are eligible for the vaccine, Green Woods Charter School strongly encourages you to obtain one.
Know the Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Know how COVID-19 is spread
- You can become infected by coming into close contact (about 6 feet or two arm lengths) with a person who has COVID-19. COVID-19 is primarily spread from person to person.
- You can become infected from respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
- You may also be able to get it by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then by touching your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with others.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth in public settings.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.