Green Woods Charter School is proud to partner this year with Apply Philly Charter for the application process for students in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade. To complete an application for the 2019-2020 school year CLICK HERE.
If you are interested in attending our Open House Information Session on Tuesday, November 20, 2018, from 4:30 until 6:00 p.m. please register for this event HERE.
NOTE: APPLICANTS MUST TURN 5 YEARS OF AGE ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 TO APPLY FOR KINDERGARTEN. APPLICANTS MUST TURN 6 YEARS OF AGE ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 TO APPLY FOR GRADE 1. PROOF OF BIRTH DATE AND PROOF OF RESIDENCY ARE TWO DOCUMENTS THAT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ENROLLMENT.
Admissions Process at a Glance for the 2019-2020 School Year (grades K-6):
The following timeline will help you keep up with deadlines relevant to the Admissions process:
- Now through January 28, 2019 - Applications will be available via the Apply Philly Charter website by clicking here. If you need assistance, please contact our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 482-6337 and ask for the registrar.
- November 20, 2018- Open House information sessions for prospective families. Tuesday, November 20, 2018, from 4:30 through 6:00 p.m. To sign up for the open house please click here. Please note that this is the only open house opportunity for prospective families for the 2019-2020 school year. If enrollment is offered there will be an opportunity for enrolling families to visit the school prior to the start of the school year. Green Woods Charter School is unable to accommodate individual tour requests.
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019, at 6:00 PM - The public lottery will be held in the school cafeteria. The lottery list will be generated randomly from the list of applicants. The lottery list will be posted on the website. Applicants can, then, check their confirmation number against the lottery results to learn of their place on the waiting list. Siblings have preference. SEE "NOTE" BELOW. Applicants are welcome to attend the public lottery but it is not required.
- March 2019 - April 2019 - Enrollment will be offered to fill only those seats known to be open. Families will be contacted and required to confirm, in writing, by a certain date, that they accept the seat being offered. Families are responsible for updating personal contact information with the school. Those who accept the seat will be given forms that are required to be filled out as the next step in the enrollment process. Deadlines for completing these required forms will be communicated. If required forms are not received by the deadline, enrollment will be offered to the next family on the waiting list.
- May 2018 - Final retention numbers (if any) for currently-seated students will be established and additional available seats (if any) will be confirmed.
* Only after Green Woods receives all required documents is a child's enrollment complete. If all legally required documents are not received by the required date, the family of the applicant will be notified that their child has not been successfully enrolled and we will go to the next applicant on the waitlist.
If additional seats open up, those on the waiting list will be notified.
NOTE: THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA MANDATES THAT GREEN WOODS CHARTER SCHOOL FILL A MINIMUM OF 75% OF OPEN LOTTERY SEATS WITH APPLICANTS FROM WITHIN OUR LOCAL CATCHMENT AREA. THE CATCHMENT AREA IS DEFINED BY THOSE FAMILIES WHOSE CHILDREN WOULD ATTEND THE FOLLOWING LOCAL PHILADELPHIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS IF THEY WERE APPLYING TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA FOR ENROLLMENT:
Please forward all admissions related questions to email@example.com.